Monday, April 27, 2020, 8:30 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.
Rosen Shingle Creek Resort
Facilitated by: Scott Powell, Senior Instructor Southwest Airlines University
Whether you are an Instructor, a Leader in your learning organization, or simply want to sharpen your training and presentation delivery skills, this workshop provided by Southwest Airlines, will provide you with some of the best delivery techniques in aviation training today, both in the classroom and in other environments. The one-day workshop will also include a panel of Instructional professionals discussing the practices of training in simulation devices, equipment, and training on the job.
Module 1: Secrets to Creating a Successful Training Environment
• Building Rapport / Street Cred with your Participants
• Captivating Participant Attention (Bait, Pitfall, Rescue)
• Demonstrating Platform Skill
Module 2: Key Instructional Techniques
• Asking & Responding to Questions
• Addressing Challenging Behaviors
• Techniques in Lecture, Facilitation, Demonstration, Group Discussion, Proficiency-based
Module 3: Teaching in Simulated Environments
An interactive panel of training experts from Cabin Crew, Flight Operations, and Maintenance Training at Southwest Airlines discussing best practices in training delivery using simulation devices, equipment, and on the job. Questions will also be collected from registered participants prior to this module.